- He is only 27 years old and was born on 15th, October 1989 in Watford Hertfordshire
- His Full name is Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua. He definitely has some Nigerian blood in him. His mother is a Nigerian and the father is half Nigerian and half Irish
- He started boxing at age 18
- He was a bricklayer before going into full time boxing in 2009.
- In 2009, Joshua was put on remand in Reading Prison for what he describes as “fighting and other crazy stuff”. He was made to wear an electronic tag on his ankle when released.
- In March 2011, Joshua was pulled over by the police for speeding in Colindale, North London. He was found with 8ozs of herbal cannabis hidden in a sports bag in his Mercedes-Benz. He was charged with possession with intent to supply a class B drug, an offence that carries a maximum 14-year sentence. Joshua was suspended from GB boxing squad and was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 100 hours’ unpaid work after pleading guilty at crown court.
- His professional debut was in 5 October 2013, where he won against Emanuele Leo in a 1 – 0 Technical Knock Out (TKO)
- He was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2013 New Year Honours for services to boxing. (The MBE is a British order of chivalry; rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the Civil Service It was established on 4 June 1917 by King George V, and comprises five classes, in civil and military divisions, the most senior two of which make the recipient either a knight if male, or dame if female)
- On 12 September 2015, Joshua won the vacant Commonwealth Heavyweight title by stopping Gary Cornish in the first round at the O2 Arena. Cornish had been unbeaten in his previous 21 fights.
- He has a record of 19 wins and zero loses, but all his wins are knockouts (KO).
Source: All information were taken from his official Wikipedia page